Saturday, July 14, 2007

SOTD and others

The song of the day is definitely Stabbing the Drama from Soilwork. These guys managed brilliantly their passage from the European underground to the US mainstream, unlike their fellow Swedish metalheads In Flames. It's not that In Flames are not successfully mainstream right now, it's just that it makes me throw out the window everything they came up with since Clayman. Interestingly enough, it's all about killing the solos and going metalcore, something I find hard to understand. Are all American kids that stupid that they don't dig a more complex musical structure? Gimme a break, which brilliant producer came up with this shit? It's not that I don't understand the concept of complying to commercial requirements, I only think it's a load of crap because it takes people for stupid. Since it's all about marketing I guess that even Cryptopsy could pass on MTV in prime time.